This week (and the next couple of weeks) I’m lucky enough to teach some young people (most in their early twenties) who need to get more confidence, so that they can continue on to get an education, how to sew.
They are complete beginners and I’ve prepared a lesson-plan which should start them on sewing clothes, doing zippers and everything.
So I’ve made preparations, and started out by making these pouches, which I’ve made very detailed instructions for.
But today we started out with threading the machines, learning how to trace and add seam allowances, cut fabric on grain and finally sew the fleece socks. They loved them. And it was great teaching this group! They were so happy and interested and very very nice.
Tomorrow we are going to make the oilcloth pouch, and maybe even start on the fabric one, that is lined…
P.S. A very important notice:
I’m in the process of redesigning my webshop. You can’t see anything yet, but what this means for you is kind of important – so please read this if you ever bought a pattern from the MariaDenmark | ShopONION.com site:
I’m moving my shop to a completely new (and much better and prettier) platform. Unfortunately this means that I can’t transfer the user accounts or the order histories.
This means that you need to make sure that you have downloaded all the patterns (or instructions for Onion/Minikrea patterns) you have bought from me before March 29th!
Here’s how you can re-download any patterns/instructions you have purchased:
- Go to the MariaDenmark | ShopONION site and log in using your username and password.
- Click on Account (right side of screen, just under the header)
- Scroll down a bit and just under Pattern of the Month, find Personal Info and click on that. Scroll down a bit and make sure the e-mail address is correct!!
- Find My Digital Products and click on that.
- Now you’ll see a list of all the e-book patterns (or instructions for hard copy patterns) you’ve purchased.
- Next to each pattern/instruction is a SEND NOW button.
- Click on each of them (one by one) to get those instructions e-mailed to you.
- They should land in your e-mail inbox within minutes. If you don’t see them, check your unwanted mail folder!
I am so excited to get this new shop finished (but sorry for your inconvenience!) – I can’t wait to show you!